Dr. Stephen A Shechtman, Ed.D.
Licensed Psychologist (Pennsylvania: PS003963L)
Dr. Shechtman is a graduate of Temple University and completed his internship atCalloway County School District in Murray, Kentucky. He has been in private practice since1982. He has taught at Glassboro (Rowan) University, Murray State University, LehighUniversity, Cedar Crest College, and Beaver College in the areas of child development,parenting, and the training of teachers.
Consultation and professional experiences include:
1. School psychologist at Colonial Northampton Intermediate Unit 20 in Easton, PA
2. Pain Stress Management Coordinator for the Lehigh/Northampton Healthcare ManagementNetwork in Allentown, PA.
3. Executive Director of the Alcohol and Drug Dependence Center in Bethlehem, PA.
4. Co-author of "Real Men Enjoy Their Kids" (1981 Abingdon Press) and"The Missing Link: Building Quality Time with Teens" (1983 Abingdon Press).Treatment approaches are integrated with specific training and/or certification in:
1) Experiential Therapy
2) Shiatsu Massage
4) Martial Arts - Tai Chi, Qigong (Chi Kung), and Kung Fu
5) Sports and Performance Consulting
6) Reiki (an Eastern relaxation technique).
When appropriate, clients are referred to 12 Step and/or support groups.
Ages & Populations Treated: Adults (18-64 Years of Age), Adolescents (13-17 Yearsof Age), Children (3-12 Years of Age)
Clinical Specialty Areas: School Psychology, Clinical Psychology
Competency Areas: Psychotherapy (Adults), Psychotherapy (Children & Adolescents),Substance Abuse/Dependence, Expressive Therapies, Pain Management
Theoretical Orientations: Existential/Humanistic, Systems, Social Learning
Alternate Language Fluency: None
Sliding Scale: Yes
Pro bono: No
- Career Transition
- Life Coaching
- Men's Issues
- Mid-Life Transition
- Spiritual Issues
- Substance Abuse
202 South 3rd Street (Route 309)
Coopersburg, PA 18036
1600 Lehigh Parkway East, Suite 1-B
Allentown, PA 18103