Do you ever have thoughts like these?
- My life would be better if I looked better.
- I will never look as good as _____________.
- My _________ is/are so ugly.
- I am so fat.
- That scale/size can’t be right.
- I look disgusting; no one could ever love me.
If you do, you’re not alone. Numerous studies and surveys show that up to 80 percent of American women are dissatisfied with their appearance. Women aren’t the only ones with poor body images; recent studies indicate that men are becoming increasingly bothered as well.