10 ways to change your lifeby Dr. Ilona L. Tobin
Too often we take care of other people’s needs, shunning activities that have the most meaning for us. Here are 10 ways to take back your life.
- Create goals. Get clear on what you really want, write it down and start to take action toward your goals.
- Commit to your own agenda. As much as possible, before helping others each day, complete the tasks that move you toward your goals.
- Set boundaries. When you heed your own agenda, you will likely need to set boundaries with the people in your life.
- Say no when you want to. Respecting your true desires is liberating.
- Do something you’ve always wanted to do. Fulfilling long-held wishes brings joy and empowerment.
- Seek balance. Which of these aspects need attention: social/family, spiritual/creative, career or health?
- Eat well and exercise. Take charge of your energy by treating your body well.
- Clear clutter. Creating an orderly and beautiful physical environment positively affects our sense of internal order and makes space for the new.
- Pursue completion. Avoiding unfinished tasks, things that remain unsaid and relationships that need closure, hijacks our thoughts and saps our energy.
- Get support/find allies. Get help processing uncomfortable feelings and seek friendships with people who appreciate and support your taking charge of your life